Wednesday, April 12, 2006

How much money shound I carry with?

How much money shound I carry with?
When I was in USA, I often thought about this question. If I go to a resturant and order a meal, how much will I pay?
total marked price+tax+tip = total money you paid


If I order a meal in Taiwan, how much will I pay? usually,
total marked price = total money you paid
In some good service resturants or american resturants, tip is 10% of total marked price. YES! tip is fixed 10% of marked price. Why? Because every server or employee has a base pay. The restaurant owners would not use the tip as base pay. Of course, there is a tip box in the cashier. Actually, there is no tip culture in Taiwan.
In Taiwan, all tax is included in marked price. I am confused that some clearance are marked as 99 cents per item in USA. So what? How about the tax? Only store-owners in Delaware have rights to say their clearance are marked as 99 cents per item indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home